cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Enterprise Vault Mail Store

karmakoma
Level 5

Hello,

As part of a business split we are required to change some mailboxes to be archived to a new vault store from day of separation (future date).

1. I have created the new vault store group and and new mail vault store

2. I then created new exchange provisioning groups overridding the inherited vault store and selecting my new mail vault store

3. I made sure these provisioning groups were ranked higher than the existing groups.

4. I moved a test user mailbox from the standard provisioning group to one of my new provisioning groups and run the exchange provisioning task.

5. I confirmed in the exchange provisioning task log that the test user mailbox was now set to the new provisioning group.

6. I then run the archiving task and confirmed a number of items were archived.

But when I check the new mail vault store it's empty apart from the EnterpriseVaultPartitionRoot.xml

Is it possible to change already archive enabled mailboxes to a different vault store group?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

If you only wish to have "point forward" archiving into the new archive then you need to disable the user in EV and reenable allowing for creation of a new archive in the new vault store.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

VargheseR
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Hello Karmakoma,

You will have to Disable the mailbox, move the archive from one vault store to another and then enable the mailbox for archiving, so that the emails then get archived to the new vault store partition.

Enterprise Vault Move Archive Feature Overview
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH129236

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

If you only wish to have "point forward" archiving into the new archive then you need to disable the user in EV and reenable allowing for creation of a new archive in the new vault store.

karmakoma
Level 5

Thanks WiTSend. Yes it's only "point forward". Was thinking that might be the case. Will test.

Understand this will create a 2nd archive for these users but time and volume is not going to allow us to move the archives as VargheseR suggested and there is a legal issue with who owns the data prior to "split".

karmakoma
Level 5

So disabled mailboxes for archiving which puts it in a disabled state.

Then when enabling you need to click the deselect archive button for it to create a new archive in the new vault store.

Nothing to archive till tomorrow so we'll see how it goes...

karmakoma
Level 5

Worked a treat! Thanks WiTSend!