cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Mailbox From One Policy to another Policy

habibalby
Level 5

Hello,

I'm currently running exchange 2007 and Enterprise Vault 10.0.04.1189. I'm having four Storage Vaults for the purpose of having right staff/employees in the correct Storage Vaults. Each Storage Vault has different archiving rules based on the ege of items.

Low = items older than 6 months.

Normal = items older than 3 months.

High = items older than 1 month.

I have couple of users who are currently in High and their items are getting archived very soon and they requested to have it archived longer period which meant to me is to move them either to Low or to Normal.

Is there any precuation to take care of before I change their targets policy from one to another?

What the procedure to change an archived mailbox target from one policy to another?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

assign them to the corresponding provisioning group and make sure your provisioning groups are ranked in the correct order

habibalby
Level 5
Hi Andrew, So its just simple, remove them from the current target Provisioned Group and assign them into the correct one? I've read somewhere is to use the EV migrator, this doesn't apply to my needs? Thanks,

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

since you're only asking about archiving policy then yes, it's just a matter of reassigning them to the corresponding provisioning group for the new policy. make sure your provisioning groups are ranked in order from least restrictive to most. 

any changes to retention of existing data would be a different story

habibalby
Level 5
Thanks Andrew, will do the changes tomorrow and I will update you. Regards,