cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Mailbox Policy

PoorAdmin
Level 6

In my organization we have different mailbox policies to designate different archiving/retention periods. If I move a user from one policy to another policy when dos it go into effect. What process makes that happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Once provisioning runs it will associate the policy to the user and then when synchronization runs it will apply the policies.

If you want it to take effect immediately run the Provisioning Task in normal mode and then synch the mailbox.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling

Once provisioning runs it will associate the policy to the user and then when synchronization runs it will apply the policies.

If you want it to take effect immediately run the Provisioning Task in normal mode and then synch the mailbox.

Prone2Typos

Also worth noting, if you change the criteria of a retention category... that should go into affect immediatealy for all items (including historically archived items). If you apply a new retention to users, no historic items will be affected unless your shortcut processing is running and configured to adjust based on retention discrepency,

If Tony addressed your concerns, please flag his posting accordingly so that we may ensure the resources availabvle to this site are used where they are most needed. Many thanks and I hope your issues are all sorted out.

Regards