cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Vault Cache Settings

TJensen
Level 4

One of my users wants to chane their Vault Cache settings that they set when the first-run wizard ran. I can't figure out how to do that. I've removed and reinstalled the EV plugin (and removed the local data).

Specifically the user wants to change the "Apply Age Limit" setting, and otherwise change their Vault Cache settings so that their vault keeps a full copy of whats in their Vault instead of a subset.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The administrator can change the Download Item Age Limit for all users in the policy, as Gertjan suggested.

The user can also set his own age limit, specified during the Vault Cache setup wizard in Outlook. To make this wizard run again, the user needs to reset his Vault Cache. Downside of this is that the user needs to redownload the whole Vault Cache.

If you don't feel like redownloading, you can also modify the OVDownloadItemAgeLimit setting in the user's Registry.

--Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you are talking about the settings for the clients to download a local copy of the archive, you need to do this in the desktop policy.

Tab Advanced, dropdown Vault Cache, 2nd setting: Download Item Age Limit

Regards. Gertjan

The administrator can change the Download Item Age Limit for all users in the policy, as Gertjan suggested.

The user can also set his own age limit, specified during the Vault Cache setup wizard in Outlook. To make this wizard run again, the user needs to reset his Vault Cache. Downside of this is that the user needs to redownload the whole Vault Cache.

If you don't feel like redownloading, you can also modify the OVDownloadItemAgeLimit setting in the user's Registry.

--Chris