Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing an FSA archive point

szekelyk
Level 2
Partner

Dear All,

for test I created FSA archive point to \\server\users\username (directly to an user directory), then archived and shortcuted it.

After a succesfull test, I created the archive point to \\server\users directory and configured to automatic archive point creation.

Now I need to move the mentioned "username" user under the common config of \users directory.

How can I do that?

I used FSAUtility to restoring all archived files and, then deleted the \username folder from the configuration. Now it seems the restored files stay on the fileserver no placeholder is created again. EV creates placeholders, only for new files, created after this config change.

What I am missed?

Thank You!

Krisztian 

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you look at a full FSA report, does it show whether those items were even eligible?
It could be because their modified date has now changed and so its just waiting out the time limit for them to become eligible again?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

szekelyk
Level 2
Partner

I checked it on the filesystem, and there are a lot of file with modified data within the archival range. They remain on the server as simple files. No placeholder created.