cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the EV Console domain name

Darryl_R
Level 3
Employee Accredited

In the EV Console (Enterprise Vault/Directory/Sitename/Targets/Exchange/Domain Name from dbo.organization table) If the domain name is changed in this table what are the rammifications in doing this? I have changed it in my lab however it appears to just be the name the console displays and has no real access related issues relating to this specific domain name in the column. I believe the information is needed in this table is the OrganizationID and SiteEntryID, I am sure I would not be able to change these columns nor would I need to.Can any one share any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

well the easiest rammification is that if the name is wrong and it doesnt host all these exchange servers, then everything simply fails

If the Exchange servers have been migrated to a new Domain and such, you may want to look at removing the exchange servers and the domain and re-adding them, because there are certain columns in the MbxStoreEntry and the ExchangeServerEntry table that are LDAP specific which could fail if they have also changed

But you wont see much of a change if the only thing thats changed is the domain name

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Darryl_R
Level 3
Employee Accredited

The lab ran overnight, I am able to restore and archive from Outlook 2007 and 2010, all tasks are running with no apparent event IDs. I am reluctant to tell the customer that it would be ok to change the visual name in the dbo.organization table until I get a confirmation that this will not adversely affect the system.