cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarify compatibility guide conclusion - OSX, EV client and Outlook combo

EVSpinner
Level 5

I'm trying to answer a question using the compatibility guide and I think I've got the answer but was wondering if anyone could review the following in relation to OSx

If I have OSx 10.10, there is no EV10 client available to install 

I could however install an EV11 client instead, as long as the client was 11.0.1?

EV10 clients are available for Mac OSx 10.5 - 10.9 with caveats

Can I also clarify that there is no such thing as Outlook 2010 for Mac? The Windows Outlook 2010 Mac equivilant is actually Outlook 2011 for Mac

Therefore I can install the following combination - EV client 11.0.1 on OSx 10.10.4 and use Outlook 2011 for Mac 

Many thanks

osx guide.JPG

7 REPLIES 7

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Based on my experience with hundreds of Mac users, upgrade to EV11 and use the IMAP feature, especially for Macs!  The EV-IMAP has been a reputation saver for us with our Mac users.  It works, it's easy to configure on the client and they all love it.

EVSpinner
Level 5

I would love to WiTSend, but not gonna happen unless wallets loosen first ;) Is the above workable in the short term?

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

I'd have to test to verify.  Once I deployed EV-IMAP I quit looking at the clients since they never worked very good anyway.  Most of my Mac users used OWA or EV Search rather than battle a crippled add-in.

EVSpinner
Level 5

Ah, in that case, I might log a quick Symantec case to be sure. Thanks for the input though. I'll post back with results

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

what version are you on? upgrades are free as long as your company maintains their support contract.

EVSpinner
Level 5

Update: Symantec confirm this combination will work

EVSpinner
Level 5

Update: Symantec confirm this combination will work