Level 5
Hi,

My EV server is reporting event id 41142 relating to duplicate archive points

Type: Warning
Event: 41142
Source: Enterprise Vault
Category: File System Archiving Task
Description:
Duplicate archive point: '\\?\UNC\evserver.ev.local\D$\evdepartment\evshare'.
The original folder and its archive point have been copied.
This folder and its subfolders will not archived until this situation is resolved.
Refer to the documentation for more information.

I have followed the Symantec article http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/278548.htm even though it is directed at EV for MS Exchange. So i have located the duplicated archives in the VaultEntryView table and then checked the details of then checked the VaultEntryIDs in the ArchivePoint table. From the several I have checked only one VaultEntryID appears to exist for each duplicate archive point.
When I check the properties of the archive in VAC it is pointing to the correct VaultEntryID (the one containing data).

How do I remove the duplicate archive point? I get an error if I simply try to delete the row in the table.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I think this is what you need:

Document ID: 314055
http://support.veritas.com/docs/314055

Event ID: 41142 is generated when duplicate archive points exist in the target folder structure.
Details:
File System Archiving may display the following event if it finds duplicate archive points in the target folder structure, this could be caused by moving the archive point with fsautility or the archive point being restored from backup.

Description:
This folder and its subfolders will not archived until this situation is resolved.

SOLUTION:

Delete the archive point through the vault admin console and then run the fsautility -a -s "pathname" to recreate the archive point.

For a more detailed explanation of the FSAUtility please refer to the related document below.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I think this is what you need:

Document ID: 314055
http://support.veritas.com/docs/314055

Event ID: 41142 is generated when duplicate archive points exist in the target folder structure.
Details:
File System Archiving may display the following event if it finds duplicate archive points in the target folder structure, this could be caused by moving the archive point with fsautility or the archive point being restored from backup.

Description:

SOLUTION:

Delete the archive point through the vault admin console and then run the fsautility -a -s "pathname" to recreate the archive point.

For a more detailed explanation of the FSAUtility please refer to the related document below.