cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking View Original item opens IE and Popupt Windows for credentials?

Marc_van_Duuren
Level 4
Partner
Got an issue. (EV 8 SP2)

When I double click an archived message in Outook, the archived message shows up without a problem.

When in Outlook in the preview pane of an archived message a user clicks "View original Item", Internet Explorer opens but prompts for user credentials.
Supplying these credentials opens the archived message in IE without a problem. EV server is added in desktop policy in the Add server to Intranet Zone.

If I look at the IE shortcut which gets opened while doing this, and I copy this URL, and I start IE and then paste the address, the archived message shows up without a problem and I get no credentials popup.

Does anyone know what is wrong? Seems a bit weird if I do this from Outlook I get prompted.If I do it straight away from IE, it works fine.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marc_van_Duuren
Level 4
Partner
Thank you guys for all the tips.

Issue is solved. Policies prohibited any changes to Local Intranet zone. We had several other issues with other web applications too, so we added the whole local intranet to our policies and everything works like a charm now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marc_van_Duuren
Level 4
Partner
Addition:

If I have Internet Explorer open, before I click "View Original Item", the retrieval of an archived item also works perfect.

Marc_van_Duuren
Level 4
Partner
Any suggestions ?

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Marc,

Could you please include a copy of your client trace? Set it to max and do the above steps so its included in the trace.

dfwood
Level 4
Marc,

I've had a similar problem. You could try and see if changing the following IE setting helps you:-

In Tools -> Internet Options click the Security tab, select the Local Intranet zone and click Custom Level... 

Scroll down until you get the User Authentication options. Under Logon select Logon to Automatic logon with current user name and password.

Hopefully this will help.

Dan

Marc_van_Duuren
Level 4
Partner
Thank you guys for all the tips.

Issue is solved. Policies prohibited any changes to Local Intranet zone. We had several other issues with other web applications too, so we added the whole local intranet to our policies and everything works like a charm now.