cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co Existence Vault 7.0 on exchange 2003 with exchange 2010

Uday_kiran
Level 2
Hi , We have existing exchange 2003 SP2 with enterprise vault 7.0. However we are planning to co exist with exchange 2010. so few users who does not need archiving will be moved exchange 2010 mailbox server and rest of users function the same. is it possible ?
5 REPLIES 5

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
Yes, but bare in mind that should you ever want to archive from the Exch2010, you have to upgrade EV to 7.5 then 8 then finally to 9.

The users moved to Exch2010 will still be able to retrieve items so they do not lose that function if they have shortcuts.

Uday_kiran
Level 2
thanks a lot Mohawk for  quick, Do we have any document or Symantec article about this. It will help me to prove the case.

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
I dont have anything from Symantec saying there is some function but not other in Exch2010. I doubt Symantec are going to ever say "We sort of have this working" publically.
You could prove it in a lab environment :)
As for the co-existing; EV targets Exchanges so if it is pointing at the 2003 server it will do its thing and wil have no knowledge of the 2010 servers.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
well remember when you have shortcuts its out of Exchanges hands, thats a call directly between client and and EV server
its the restoration, archiving, OWA, Virtual Vault and well, everything else thats broken
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

EVNoodles
Level 4
Employee
An Upgrade to 9.0 sounds like the best course of action here

Your justification would be that 9.0 will support archiving from Exchange 2010 SP1