cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Adjustments for better Speed

pdunnigan1
Level 4

Using NetBackup 8.1 to backup EV 12.0.3, I have a partition share on my Isilon and backing up is giving me a KB/Sec of 200-400. My Collection options are sent to "Collect Times" 10am-4pm, Maximum Collection File Size is 10MB and Age is 10 days. is there any changes I could make for my speed to increase? also I'm doing my first backup now, not sure if it matters or not. 

Pat

3 REPLIES 3

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hi pdunnigan1,

You could increase the size of the collection and reduce the age to collect to reduce the amount of items that are being backed up as this will effect performance. Not sure this would be enough to boost performance significantly.  

Otherwise, it may be getting with the NBU team to ensure everything is optimzed from their side so backups can perform optimally. 

Regards,

Patrick 

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you're backing up with Accelerator enabled and as a CIFS share - be patient and things should be much better during subsequent backups.

If you're using NDMP then you're using volume-level dump hence the number of files should not have any bearing on backup performance, except for the first few minutes when Isilon sends the list of files for NBU to catalog (if DAR is enabled)

I'm using the Enterprise Vault Directives in NBU, this does not have the accelerator option.