cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Enterprise Vault Tasks to Archive from an Exchange located in a different Forest

KVS
Level 3

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can share their experience in relation to setting up EV in a multi-forests environment.

Our Exchange 2007 is currently in a resource forest which means it's located in a separate forest from Users AD accounts. and we already have a one way forest trust between the two trusts.

We are planning to install and configure EV 11 in our local forest (AD accounts) and then point to the Exchange is external forest.

Vertitas has provided me the below URL to how to set EV

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.HOWTO84839

Can anyone know why we need two-way trust. Why Exchange forest need to be able to authenticate with AD/EV forest. I can understand that the AD/EV should be able to authenticate in the Exchange forest but I am not sure why accounts from the Exchange forest require to authenticate in the AD\EV forest.

thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The accounts in the Exchange forest will neet to authenticate to EV when openening archived items.

That's why a two way trust is required.

KVS
Level 3

Hi,

The accounts in Exchange forest are all disabled (using linked mailbox). For what I know EV will use the AD in the AD/EV forest.

thanks