Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring EV 9.0 for Exchange 2010 DAG--Please help

Maxie_Braggs
Level 4

Experts,

Needed your help here,

I have 1 EV site which contains 2 datacenters. Both the DC's have EV servers locally.

I have 8 exchange servers, 4 in first DC and 4 in second DC as below

DC1 will have= DC1-MBX1, DC1-MBX2, DC1-MBX3, DC1-MBX4.

DC2 will have= DC2-MBX1, DC2-MBX2, DC2-MBX3, DC2-MBX4.

My DAG design is such that I have 2 DAG's  , where DAG1 contains 2 servers from DC1(DC1-MBX1, DC1-MBX2) and 2 servers from DC2(DC2-MBX3, DC2-MBX4).

so DAG1=DC1-MBX1, DC1-MBX2,DC2-MBX3, DC2-MBX4

similerly, DAG2 = DC2-MBX1, DC2-MBX2, DC1-MBX3, DC1-MBX4.

I have 4 EV servers 2 in DC1 and 2 in Dc2.How should i configure my EV such that, i can archive from the local exchange servers and also make sure that during a DAG failover from DC1 to DC2  and Vice Versa EV is switched over seamlessly or simply put what is the best configuration to take care such a scenario.

Please note that My vault store partitions and indexes are replicated between DC's using SAN level replication and SQL DB's are replicated using DB mirroring.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Maxie,

Check this one:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH144726

It sort of describes your scenario. The problem being in your case is that you also want to switch over EV. I'm not sure that can be achieved.

It might be possible using buildingblock setup (changing aliasses, running USL), but I am not sure.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Maverik
Level 6

All you have to do is configure each Exchange server as normal and when a DAG failover occurs run provisioning against the live MBX server and then archiving should carry on as normal.  

There is quite alot of info regarding dag stuff etc in the Exchange Archiving Config Guide if I recall correctly.

Hope this helps. 

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Maxie,

Check this one:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH144726

It sort of describes your scenario. The problem being in your case is that you also want to switch over EV. I'm not sure that can be achieved.

It might be possible using buildingblock setup (changing aliasses, running USL), but I am not sure.

Regards. Gertjan

Maxie_Braggs
Level 4

Thanks guys as always for your help..

@gertjan, it is a good doc ..many thanks