Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring SCOM Monitoring for EV on MS Cluster 2008

Jose_Luis_Per1
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I configured SCOM for an EV v9SP1 Windows 2008 64-bit Cluster server just by importing the EnterpriseVault.mp file in the SCOM Console and enabling monitoring in the site properties. Only physical nodes are added to the SCOM console.

No EV events are being registered by SCOM and I tried to modify the config xml file from the SCOM console to modify the discovery path from "Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Install" to "Software\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Install" but no edit option is available even with a user with full permissions according to Microsoft. Anyway the <RegistryView>32bit</RegistryView> line is in place so I suppose it should discover EV servers no matter where the registry key is.

Is there something missing? All documentation or threads I have found are about stand-alone EV servers. I suspect the cluster resource must be added to the SCOM environment so the Cluster's virtual name is monitor too but I'm not sure and the MS people here do not know how to do that task :(.

Any advice will be very appreciated.

JL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Here is a step-by-step guide on what to do.

1. Open System CenterOperations Manager Operator Console.
  2. Open the Administration view, and select Agent Managed under Device Management.
  3. Right-Click on the Cluster Nodes and select Properties.
  4. In the security tab tick the box that says Allow this agent to act as a proxy and discover managed objects on other computers.
  5. Click OK.
  6. On the Cluster Nodes restart the OpsMgr Health Service. (The Discovery will re-run)
  7. Open the Administration view, and select Agentless Managed under Device Management.
  8. You should see all the Cluster Virtual Servers.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So is this the Technote you used? 

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH72007

AndrewB

it'sbeen a while since i was in front of a scom console but i recall that for clustered servers you need to enable the scom agent to "act as a proxy and discover other objects..." by right clicking on the computer object in your scom console and ticking the box.

AndrewB

Here is a step-by-step guide on what to do.

1. Open System CenterOperations Manager Operator Console.
  2. Open the Administration view, and select Agent Managed under Device Management.
  3. Right-Click on the Cluster Nodes and select Properties.
  4. In the security tab tick the box that says Allow this agent to act as a proxy and discover managed objects on other computers.
  5. Click OK.
  6. On the Cluster Nodes restart the OpsMgr Health Service. (The Discovery will re-run)
  7. Open the Administration view, and select Agentless Managed under Device Management.
  8. You should see all the Cluster Virtual Servers.

Jose_Luis_Per1
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Sorry for the delay Tony,

I tried that and did not work. I´ll check the other replies. THANKS!

Jose Luis

Jose_Luis_Per1
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks Andrew,

I´ll follow the procedure and let you know. Sorry for the delay!

JL