Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not store an item in saveset file

EricYCK
Level 4
Partner
Hi guys,

We encountered above mentioned issue on our EV server with Event ID: 6824.

We found a tech notes with regard this error, http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/294937.htm 

According to the tech notes, it cause by not enough space on vault partition, which is not the case in our environment. We had been assigned 4 Tera as partition volume for our EV Server.

Hope that you guys able help me in this case.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,
Eric Yeoh

7 REPLIES 7

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
What EV version are you using?

Verify EV is not in read-only mode.

Can you manually create a file on the file system where you store the DVS files? (Copy a large file to it.)

EricYCK
Level 4
Partner
Hi Jimbo2,

Thank you for your response.

We are using EV 2007.

I double check, the EV is not in read-only mode.

As suggested, I tested copy large file, 500MB to the root folder of the vault partition and 10MB to the location of DVS files. I had no issue.

regards,
Eric Yeoh

Sortid
Level 6
How big was the item that wasn't saved?  There is a limit on the size of the item as to whether it gets saved in a saveset - 50MB I think...

EricYCK
Level 4
Partner
Hi,

Those item is not big, some only few k.

Where can check the limit  on the size from admin console.
 Yeoh
Thanks and regards,
Eric

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Are you using collections?

Where is the collection area?  (Enough Space).

You may wan to dtrace the storage server process.

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
When collecting, ensure that you Dtrace against StorageFileWatch.

Pyrobrit
Level 2
Eric,

Check your Antivirus logs on the Vault Server.   I got a few of these errors and the time of the error coincided with the alleged detection of a virus in a tmp file.  I backtracked to the file being archived at the same time and could not find any virus in the file.

Here is the event log entry I get for Mcafee Vscan.

The file C:\Documents and Settings\evadmin\Local Settings\Temp\~DF65C5.tmp contains the Exploit-OleData.gen Trojan. No cleaner available, file deleted successfully. Detected using Scan engine version 5200.2160 DAT version 5226.0000.

As I could not see a problem with the original files (multiple virus scans detect nothing), I adjusted the Viruscan software to not scan the Temp folder in Documents and Settings.  All is fine now.

Regards

Nick.W