cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created a new Public Folder and now Pubic Folder archiving has stopped

Stormonts
Level 5

We created a new Public Folder in Exchange, and then noticed that Public Folder archiving has stopped working and the P2, P3, P4, and P5 queues never go down  We did run SetEvExchangePermissions.ps1 which did not help.  Mailbox archiving is working fine, it's just an issue with Public Folders.

EV.png

We keep getting the errors below:

Log Name: Veritas Enterprise Vault
Source: Enterprise Vault
Date: 12/8/2020 6:23:49 PM
Event ID: 3310
Task Category: Public Folder Task
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: EV-ST-01.domain.com
Description:
There was a problem accessing a network service or resource. The dispenser will re-queue the current item and sleep for 10 minute(s).

Task: Exchange Public Folder Task for THALASSA
Internal Reference: Network connectivity issues (MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://telemetry.community.veritas.com/entt?product=ev&language=english&version=12.5.0.0&build=12.5....

And this error for different folders (but not from the new folder that was created.

Date: 12/8/2020 6:13:46 PM
Event ID: 2956
Task Category: Public Folder Task
Level: Error
Computer: EV-ST-01.domain.com
Description:
An error has occurred whilst processing the Public Folder \contract - dp4\admin.

Check the Event Log for any previous errors, as they may help determine the cause.

Error: 0x80040111

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://telemetry.community.veritas.com/entt?product=ev&language=english&version=12.5.0.0&build=12.5....

Seeing this occasionally as well.

Date: 12/9/2020 6:47:45 PM
Event ID: 3419
Task Category: Archive Task
Level: Warning
Computer: EV-ST-01.omni.imsweb.com
Description:
Could not access Exchange Server. The dispenser will queue the current item and sleep for 60 seconds.

Task: Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for THALASSA

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

I am not familiar with PFA, but here is my thought.

The Mapi error indicates an issue with getting sufficient resources to have EV connect to Exchange. Usually, a task restart should resolve this. If it does not, check the amount of connections to Exchange on your archiving tasks, and lower those a bit. I believe the default is 5.

As for the MSMQ, do you see movement at all? In other words, are items being added/removed? If it does, that means those 'fixed' items might have an issue. I am (again) not sure about PFA, but for MBA, I would check Pending Shortcut Time out in the PF policy (tab advanced), set it to 0. Restart PFA task in report mode. See if MSMQ goes down.

If not, I would contact support, to see how you can clean up that PF queue.

You might also want to run Deployment Scanner to check all is well in general.

Regards. Gertjan