cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Archives -- Accounts no longer exist

W_a_t
Level 2
Partner Accredited

I am moving tens of thousands of archives from assorted legacy EV implementations into a new, central one. Things are going well but there is one problem that I would apprecite some help with. Thousands of the legacy vaults are associated with accounts and mailboxes that have long since been deleted. How do I create new vaults in the central EV implementation to correspond to these "orhpan" vaults in the legacy implementations?

One great idea is, "don't!" but that has not been accepted by the customer. The idea is to put all the messages from orphan vaults into a single new vault. That would be easy.

Ideally, I want an approach that can be scripted or otherwise programmed. The notion of using the GUI to create the new vaults is daunting, and the odds of getting all the names right is not very high.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

GEM can do it presently but the process to manually create archives on a per Archive basis is still somewhat challenging.

I know that I submitted an enhancment to be able to perform this in a batch operation. If you would like to reach out to me I can see what version of GEM you are on and if you have an active contract with Globanet I can see what we can do to best accomidate your needs. 

I hope this helps. 

Regards. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Well how are you moving the archives to begin with?
Move Archive? PST Export/Import? Archive Shuttle? TransVault etc?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

W_a_t
Level 2
Partner Accredited

From Globanet

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

GEM can do it presently but the process to manually create archives on a per Archive basis is still somewhat challenging.

I know that I submitted an enhancment to be able to perform this in a batch operation. If you would like to reach out to me I can see what version of GEM you are on and if you have an active contract with Globanet I can see what we can do to best accomidate your needs. 

I hope this helps. 

Regards.