cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Domain API issue

ldblanchet
Level 3
Hello

I have a new issue regarding the API EVContentManagementAPI...

Here is the setup that leads to a COM Exception 0x80040200 (access denied)

There are 2 domains in our setup, the production and test domains. The test domain trusts de production domain, but not the other way around.

I have a production user, that is practically god on the enterprise vault server located on the Test domain. (local admin, explicit rights on the archives I'm trying to query)

When I attempt to use to API to get the content of an item I found in the archive ( I am able to list the documents contained in the archive) I get that COM error.

Also, when I try to go in the administration Console to perform a search on that archive with the production user, the search returns multiple results. THen I try to view one of the results and I get an error containing a bunch of squares : "Cannot download the archived item from ..."

Anyone has an idea if there could be an issue because of the way the domains are setup or why the Admin Console would turn up those squares?

2 REPLIES 2

Maverik
Level 6
Im sorry I have read this through a few times and am confused what precisely you are tying to acheive.

You have said the following

When I attempt to use to API to get the content of an item I found in the archive ( I am able to list the documents contained in the archive) I get that COM error.

What are you trying to use, search, archive explorer, Outlook, OWA????

Anyone has an idea if there could be an issue because of the way the domains are setup or why the Admin Console would turn up those squares?

No idea what you mean by squares??

You use the Admin Console as the prodcution user? Not sure what that would prove?

Think that you will need more help than people will be able to give you on the forums to be honest.  It sounds at best as if the reason you get access is denied is rendering the content back to the production domain, but there is so much it could be impossible to say from a few lines on forums. 

Not sure how much EV expereince you have but it is a complex product and add to this the complexitiy of multiple domains etc in my expereince you need assistance from Professional Services Symantec or otherwise to set up this kind of non out the box config, if there is such a thing. Smiley Wink 

ldblanchet
Level 3
In my first question, what I am using is the EVContentManagementAPI (in EVContentManagementAPI.dll) to get the content of an item in the archive. I am using it from C#.NET.

In my 2nd question... bah, the characters were eaten. Basically the error message was : "Cannot download the archived item from (add 3 lines of square characters, basically, non-displayable characters)..."