Our current EV environment is 

EV 12.2

Mailbox, journal and Discovery archives

@10k mailbox archives

Exchange 2010 SP3 

New Forest 

Exchange 2016

EV TBD

Is there a built in process to do this in EV or is third party software needed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

If you move your users, and they logon with a new/different account, you need to set the new account with permissions on the existing archives. Access to the archive is based on windows logon account, not the outlook profile.. i.e. if I was OLD\BLABLA, and in a month I will be NEW\BLABLA, I'll not have access to my archive anymore, unless NEW\BLABLA gets full permissions.

The PDF defines how to move EV, and describes what needs to be done. If you move the Vault Stores also, you will need to make sure that the new VSA has full access to the stores. Also take in account the SQL databases and the indexes. The new VSA will need to have full access.

If you are unsure on how to do this, I suggest you contact a partner, or at least talk to Veritas Support on this.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Prone2Typos

I would say there are a boatload of questions needed to answer yours. For that number of archives I would totally reccomend third party. full disclaimer my organization provides a leading one... (if you are interested let me know) but regardless of that there are a number of reasons native options are not designed to use at that scale IMHO. 

GertjanA

Hello,

It might not be necessary to move archives etc.

Have a look at THIS document, and see if that meets your needs. I have done 7 of these, without issues.

Regards. Gertjan

Thank You, 

Would this work moving users over to new domain over a months time?

Pat

Also, Am I moving my vault stores for the mailbox archives and Journaling archives?

GertjanA

Hello,

If you move your users, and they logon with a new/different account, you need to set the new account with permissions on the existing archives. Access to the archive is based on windows logon account, not the outlook profile.. i.e. if I was OLD\BLABLA, and in a month I will be NEW\BLABLA, I'll not have access to my archive anymore, unless NEW\BLABLA gets full permissions.

The PDF defines how to move EV, and describes what needs to be done. If you move the Vault Stores also, you will need to make sure that the new VSA has full access to the stores. Also take in account the SQL databases and the indexes. The new VSA will need to have full access.

If you are unsure on how to do this, I suggest you contact a partner, or at least talk to Veritas Support on this.

Regards. Gertjan

Thank you for all the reponses, we will be looking to outsource.