cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize OWA functionality

Tobbe
Level 5
Hi.

In a Exchange 2007/ EV8 SP1 environment I'm looking for a way to remove the top header that states "Enterpise Vault Archived Item,  Click here to view this item."

The reason is that the link that is used if I click on the header is constructed as http://EValias/enterprisevault and that is obviously not working from an external position.
This link is not presented in the regular customized shortcuts that are presented through Outlook so I'm wondering how I can hide or remove this OWA specific behaviour.

As I understand the setting for "External webapplication URL"  it only applies to the search and archive explorer functionality so giving the link in the header a publicly working URL that way will not work if I am not mistaking.

Thanks in advance,
/Tobbe
6 REPLIES 6

Maverik
Level 6
Hi I believe this should work also for what your saying not just archive explored and search. Regards removing this would need to test.

Tobbe
Level 5
Hi.

You're right. the External webapplication URL was not limited to search and archive explorer only so that was a way to get the link to be presented in an FQDN, but do you, or anyone else, have any idea on how I can remove this top header completely?

By the way for future reference to others, on top of the setting in External webapplication URL I also added EnterpriseVault_Externalhostnames values to web.config on the CAS servers to make the default setting of <https>/enterprisevault adjust to owa.domain.external/enterprisevault.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Tobbe

I do not have setup the external hostname thing, as we currently do not publish the EV Server.
However, the Bar you mention does point to OWA by default.

I believe it could have to do with your advanced desktop settings -> OWA -> Client connection.
Mine is set to "Use proxy"

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Tobbe
Level 5
Thanks Michel.

This setup is using direct, not proxy.

However, I'm still looking for a way to remove this top bar to present only one way of accessing archived data, that is, through the use of the shortcut and not any links...
Any thoughts on that?

MichelZ
Level 6
Tobbe

Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible.

Cheers

MichelZ
Level 6
Hi

Do you need any more information here?
If not, and you are satisfied with a provided answer, can you choose this as Solution, please?

Thanks & Regards
Michel