cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DA Roles and Vault Store/Archives Search Selection

Trojenz
Level 4
Partner

We have DA 8 in our organization and are looking for a set of case permissions that allow the following:
We want to create a role that is basically a Case Administrator but without the ability to define which Vault Stores can be accessed via searches.  The CIO wants to create cases for users and set what vault stores the case can search against and prevent subordinates from changing the parameters he has set.  It seems to me like there needs to be more granularity within the case admin role.

There are 3 things that we want separated into different roles:
1.) Specify the vault stores that a case can search - separate from Case Admin
2.) Specify the archives that a case can search given the vault stores defined by the previous role (#1)
3.) Perform Role Assignment without having to be a case admin and having access to #1

Has anyone been able to accomplish this or have any suggestions on separating these tasks into different roles?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Trojenz
Level 4
Partner
I have thoroughly read what little information is out there.  I have also test several scenarios and all have confirmed my fear that DA simply cannot segregate Vault Store/Archive Selection from Case Administrator responsiblities.

This is going to be a disappointment for this organization.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have you checked the help?  It explains the various roles and permissions and might help you along.

Trojenz
Level 4
Partner
I have thoroughly read what little information is out there.  I have also test several scenarios and all have confirmed my fear that DA simply cannot segregate Vault Store/Archive Selection from Case Administrator responsiblities.

This is going to be a disappointment for this organization.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Could you log an enhancement request @ SYMC?
I think we had similar requirements before on other organisations, for example that an individual cannot hold multiple roles and things like this.

If enough customer demand is generated, they may do something about it ;)

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
or post it in the ideas section:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-archiving/ideas