cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DA client error - Access to the temp directory

vjose790
Level 3

Hi All,
I have recently upgraded a DA Client from 11.0.0 to 11.0.1. The customer is in the process of upgrading to EV 12 eventually. The upgrade of DA Server went fine. The only issue is that whenever DA client is opened or closed an error message appears as below but it can be dismissed to proceed. Does anyone know what could be reason for this error? I have aready set registry key to skip checking TEMP folder. Also I have checked and found that EV Service account has permissions to the TEMP folders (system TEMP and user profile TEMP).

Access to the temp directory is denied.  Identity 'DOMAIN\evservice' under which XmlSerializer is running does not have sufficient permission to access the temp directory.  CodeDom will use the user account the process is using to do the compilation, so if the user doesnt have access to system temp directory, you will not be able to compile.  Use Path.GetTempPath() API to find out the temp directory location.

Regards,
VJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello VJ,

This is not indicating you have an issue with the actual TEMP directory. The registrykey you have set should in deed stop that. I believe the error you see is indicating access to a tempfolder for .net, or IIS.

The messages shows Path.GetTempPath() API which to me indicates an issue with the EV API temp folder location (wherever that may be). What I would try is to give the VSA full access to the .Net folders you find, and to the folder where the API is installed.

I am not sure you can Dtrace the client, but that might be an option too. If that does not lead to a solution, a call to support might be necessary.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello VJ,

This is not indicating you have an issue with the actual TEMP directory. The registrykey you have set should in deed stop that. I believe the error you see is indicating access to a tempfolder for .net, or IIS.

The messages shows Path.GetTempPath() API which to me indicates an issue with the EV API temp folder location (wherever that may be). What I would try is to give the VSA full access to the .Net folders you find, and to the folder where the API is installed.

I am not sure you can Dtrace the client, but that might be an option too. If that does not lead to a solution, a call to support might be necessary.

Regards. Gertjan