cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCOM issues Enterprise Vault 9.02

dennis_kloster
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I have issues with our EV server after almost every reboot. User's can access items from the vault until I do the following procedure that I found in a Symantec tech doc. The EV version is 9.02 and it's running on Windows 2008 R2 SP1. I don't understnd why these settings get lost after almost every reboot.

Check DCOM running status and set the needed DCOM permissions:

a. Log on to the EV Server as the Vault Service Account.

b. Click "Start", "Run...", execute: "dcomcnfg"

c. Click "Component Services", click "Computers", confirm that DCOM is running.

d. Expand "My Computer", expand "DCOM Config"

e. Locate "DirectoryService", right click and open Properties.

f. On the "Security" tab, click "Edit..." on the section "Launch and Activation Permissions" (select "Customize" if not already selected).

g. Click over the Group "Everyone", set all permissions as "Allow" and remove any permissions as "Deny".

h. Add the AD User Account for the Vault Service Account and set all permissions as "Allow".

i. Click "OK", "Apply" and "OK" again.

j. Close the "Component Services" MMC Console.

Reset DCOM permissions:

a. Open the Vault Administration Console, expand "Enterprise Vault" and right click over "Directory on ..." and select "Properties".

b. On the "Service Account" tab, delete and reenter the credential details of the Vault Service Account.

c. Restart the EV Admin Service which will restart all EV Services.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_Shorehill
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Dennis,

It sounds like group policy is clobbering your configuration changes. I would check with your group policy admin to exclude your EV servers from any policies that would mess with dcom.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ben_Shorehill
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Dennis,

It sounds like group policy is clobbering your configuration changes. I would check with your group policy admin to exclude your EV servers from any policies that would mess with dcom.