cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTRACE trigger query

GTK
Level 6

I am setting up a trigger dtrace for a particular user as it appears they are having archiving issues

on the step that advises - "DT Trigger>include .... "   - do i just include the users name /alias here ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

If one user is having archiving issues, then ...

Is it when they manually archive an item?  In which case you might want to start with 'just' the client log (with maximum logging enabled)

Is it when the scheduled archiving task runs?  In which case you might want to start with a DTRACE of the archiving task and then do a run-now with just this user selected and just select 'archiving'.

If a specific event ID is generated, then you might want to start with Backtrace.  I wrote a blog about how to configure it.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Chau_Tran
Level 4
Trigger dtrace is usually used to trigger and capture an error that occurs. You can use the username but it would be

Chau_Tran
Level 4
I clicked save too quick...ideal if you know what the problem is by checking the event logs and trigger the error from the event logs in the dtrace to capture the issue.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

If one user is having archiving issues, then ...

Is it when they manually archive an item?  In which case you might want to start with 'just' the client log (with maximum logging enabled)

Is it when the scheduled archiving task runs?  In which case you might want to start with a DTRACE of the archiving task and then do a run-now with just this user selected and just select 'archiving'.

If a specific event ID is generated, then you might want to start with Backtrace.  I wrote a blog about how to configure it.

Working for cloudficient.com