cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataDomain Replication as a form of backup for EV partition

shafty
Level 4

Hi guys,

I have a number of partitions that reside on a DataDomain appliance that I am trying to get replicated to our remote location. As anyone used DD replication as a form of backup for EV partitions using a script?  The script would need to place the vaultstore in backup mode, check for successful replication and create a trigger file for removal of safe copies. 

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks

Paul.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

paul, i don't know what mechanism on the DD you can look at programatically to check for replication but the rest is pretty standard. what version of EV are you running? if 8 or later then you'd call the powershell command to put the vault store(s) in backup mode and simple dos commands to create the trigger file(s).

if you need examples of those just let me know

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB

paul, i don't know what mechanism on the DD you can look at programatically to check for replication but the rest is pretty standard. what version of EV are you running? if 8 or later then you'd call the powershell command to put the vault store(s) in backup mode and simple dos commands to create the trigger file(s).

if you need examples of those just let me know

shafty
Level 4

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your input. I found the powershell commands for placing the EV in backup mode from the admin EV guide but I am having a difficult time in locating the commands for the trigger file.

Is there no one in the community that is using Data Domain replicator for replicating there Mtree's (DD partition) for EV?

Thanks

AndrewB

here's the command for creating the trigger file:

echo. 2>"<Path to partition>\IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger.txt"