cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databases Recovery Model

baschi
Level 4

Dear Community :),

during the daily tasks I saw that we have different Database Recovery Models for our Enterprise Vault DBs, for Directory, Monitoring and the VaultStoreGroup we have the Full Recoverymodel, but only for a few Vault Store DBs we have Full and for a few we have Simple. Is that right? Are we able to recover every item in case when the database gets lost and we only can restore the VaulStoreDb only for a particular day not time?

Best Regards

5 REPLIES 5

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

By default all databases created by EV are with Full recoverymodel.

The safest way is to have the Full recovery model. With simple data since the last full backup can be lost.

Check this Microsoft article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa173531(v=sql.80).aspx

baschi
Level 4

Ok I get you I know the difference between the Recovery Models, but are we able to recover E-Mails when we have the following circumstances:

SQL DBs: Directory, Monitoring, VSG Group are recoverable to every timepoint cause of the logs.

Vault Store DB is 1 year older then the recovered item and the other DBs.

Vault Store is up to date, online and has the E-Mail inside which I want to recover.

Best Regards

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Probably not, as the item you are trying to recover is not listed in the Vault Store database.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Honestly I don't even see the point in Point In Time restores with EV for the fact that it's not just SQL data, it's backed by DVS files etc. EVSVR can pull everything back in to the databases that doesn't have a SQL record and you'd want to run evsvr after a recovery anyway

that being said if you see any with simple logging, that's definitely been changed by someone and not the default

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

baschi
Level 4

Can't find anything about running the EVSVR after recovery in the disaster recovery paper, we are in a big environment with 10.000 User so the EVSVR should take a long time