cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date of passing "Enable recovery of deleted items" period for a deleted item

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

when I delete items from EV (for example, in Browser Search interface), they are still physically present in EV for "Enable recovery of deleted items" period. When I change (decrease) this parameter later, it does not seem to be retroactive, so items deleted before this change are still waiting until "old" number of days passes.

My question is if some EV DB tables contain the date of real (physical) item deletion. (JournalDelete table does not seem to have this date).

Regards

Michal

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA

Hello Michal,

Are users allowed to do deletions? Does the retention category allow deletions? I also believe you do need to have Storage Expiry run, but not sure anymore. I'll do some digging.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

unchecking Prevent automatic deletion of expired items on Retention Category level has resolved the issue.

A bit misleading setting's name...

Michal

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

now also "Enable recovery of deleted items" original period passed several days ago (it was 99 days) and deleted items are still available for recovery in Archives properties\Deleted Items.

I think the final delettion process is a part of Storage File Watch and thus should be purely automatic, am I right? Storage Expiry runs or some restart are not required I guess.

Any comments appreciated..

Michal

GertjanA

Hello Michal,

Are users allowed to do deletions? Does the retention category allow deletions? I also believe you do need to have Storage Expiry run, but not sure anymore. I'll do some digging.

Regards. Gertjan

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

on both Archive and Retention category level, users are allowed to perform deletions. What is prohibited is automatic deletion of expired items on both levels, however this is not the case (1/ it was user/admin deletion and 2/ retention of all data is Infinity).

I have ran Storage Expiry in Report Mode and it reported 0 expired items (as expected).

Michal

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

unchecking Prevent automatic deletion of expired items on Retention Category level has resolved the issue.

A bit misleading setting's name...

Michal