cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight Savings Time

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
This shoud be a quick answer. I would like to know if there is some sort of order that needs to be adhered to when applying both the Microsoft DST patch and the EV DST patch. Is one required before the other?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I recommend subscribing to this technote, that way when the patch is released you will be notified and can download right away.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/286967

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ChrisWenzel
Level 4
I don't know if Symantec has yet offered official guidance, but most other vendors have recommended the following path:

1) OS Patch
2) Other MS Application Patch (i.e. Exchange)
3) Vendor Patch

Usually, they want them to be run in close proximity to one another.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I recommend subscribing to this technote, that way when the patch is released you will be notified and can download right away.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/286967

Simon_Butler_2
Level 2
I guess a few of us with big implementations will find the available 2 weeks for testing and upgrading a little tight. However from what I understand you can mitigate the issues anyway.

As long as you do not re-index anything older than Jan 1 2007, there's no affect there.

As long as you apply the OS DST fix, current and future indexing will be okay.

I've been advised by support that the Exchange patch is not required for EV servers.

The only question remaining for me is with regards to Disc Accel. If the results are 1 hour out for a specific period then that can be highlighted in advance. I.e. no need to patch asap. Still awaiting an exact answer though - "may be 1 hour out" is not really something I can go to the business with.

With regards to the original request. I agree with what's been posted already. Why not disable all services, install the OS patch, reboot & go straight into the EV upgrade.

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
I know what you mean about tight testing schedule ... Going to be a long weekend for me...

Can you guys confirm the patch for me. Is it MP4 for EV6.0, MP4 for CA5.1 ?

Right now our OWA is broken because we're running 6.0MP3 and exchweb version 6.5.7651.60. This is a known issue and I was told it would be addressed in 7.0 does anyone know if it will address it in MP4?

And since my OWA is brokem, do I need to install the patch on my backend/frontend systems?

Thank you!
phil.

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
it works. To confirm stuff like this in the future, just check to see if the version file exists in the source directories....ie for sp4:

ev60_sp4_287442.zip\Enterprise Vault 6.0 SP4\Enterprise Vault 6.0 SP4\Server\OWA2000s\6.5.7651.60

That's the best clue I've always found to tell. Well, other then reading the release notes. :)

micah

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
I'm an id10t. I swear I looked there first and didn't see it. I gotta switch to decaf ....

Thank you!
Phil