This shoud be a quick answer. I would like to know if there is some sort of order that needs to be adhered to when applying both the Microsoft DST patch and the EV DST patch. Is one required before the other?
I guess a few of us with big implementations will find the available 2 weeks for testing and upgrading a little tight. However from what I understand you can mitigate the issues anyway.
As long as you do not re-index anything older than Jan 1 2007, there's no affect there.
As long as you apply the OS DST fix, current and future indexing will be okay.
I've been advised by support that the Exchange patch is not required for EV servers.
The only question remaining for me is with regards to Disc Accel. If the results are 1 hour out for a specific period then that can be highlighted in advance. I.e. no need to patch asap. Still awaiting an exact answer though - "may be 1 hour out" is not really something I can go to the business with.
With regards to the original request. I agree with what's been posted already. Why not disable all services, install the OS patch, reboot & go straight into the EV upgrade.
I know what you mean about tight testing schedule ... Going to be a long weekend for me...
Can you guys confirm the patch for me. Is it MP4 for EV6.0, MP4 for CA5.1 ?
Right now our OWA is broken because we're running 6.0MP3 and exchweb version 6.5.7651.60. This is a known issue and I was told it would be addressed in 7.0 does anyone know if it will address it in MP4?
And since my OWA is brokem, do I need to install the patch on my backend/frontend systems?