cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decomission EV 10.01

anon1m0us1
Level 6

I have a EV 10.01 cluster and management wants me to decomission the server and move all the archives to a PST file on each user's network drive.

This is what I am planning on doing.

1) Stop all tasks.

2) Export all archives to the user's network folder.

3) Shut down servers (it's a cluister).

4) remove Send As from the EV AD accounts.,

Is there anything else?

Thanks,

Isaac

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Remove databases, remove OWA Extensions from the Exchange Server(s) and remove the EV Client from Client computers.

If you have placed shortcuts in the mailboxes, you may want to remove them first.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Remove databases, remove OWA Extensions from the Exchange Server(s) and remove the EV Client from Client computers.

If you have placed shortcuts in the mailboxes, you may want to remove them first.

anon1m0us1
Level 6

Is there documentation on how to proceed with all of those steps?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Not realy that I am aware of. Symantec does not promote to decomission EV :)

anon1m0us1
Level 6

So would it be correct that the following eight steps will fully remove EV from my environment:

1. Remove Shorcuts from users Mailbox- This can be accomplished by Delete shortcuts older than a day. Wait 2 days to continue to the next task.
  2. Stop all tasks.
  3. Export all archives to the user's network folder.
  4. Remove databases.
  5. Shut down servers (it's a cluister).
  6. Remove Send As from the EV AD accounts.
  7. Remove OWA Extensions from the Exchange Server(s)
  8. Remove the EV Client from Client computers.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Is your storage local to the EV server?  If not then you'll need to clear that up too (after making a nice backup first).  In fact, I wouldn't delete ANYTHING without a nice backup first.

Working for cloudficient.com

anon1m0us1
Level 6

So how do I delete the shortcuts AND stop future archiving?

I set the Delete Shortcuts to 1 day.

D I also uncheck the provisioning group? If I do that won't it stop the policy for deleting the shotcuts too?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Set you archive rules to something like anything older than 99 years.  That will effectively stop archiving from occurring.

Jeff_Shotton
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You can simply disable the archiving and site schedules and do a RUN NOW processing run against all mailboxes for shortcut processing.

Regards,

Jeff

anon1m0us1
Level 6

How would I know when it finishes processing the archives? Is there a log or something that can inform me when it is completed?

What I am doing is deleting all the shortcuts from the mailboxes. WHen will I know it completed?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Unfortunately I don't think you will.  I don't think there is an event log entry or report for that.

Working for cloudficient.com

Jeff_Shotton
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

There are a couple of ways to monitor

1) Do a run now. Select 'archive all mailboxes' and process 'shortcut body'

For each mailbox a message will be placed on the A3 queue in MSMQ. Monitor this till it reaches 0

2) (rather crude) simply wait till the CPU activity on Archivetask drops to 0

Regards,

Jeff