cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decomission

gzsxqz
Level 3
Partner

We wish to decomission an EV 7.5 environment now that we have migrated to EV 10.  Our main concern is that we know some users have PST or MSG emails saved on network drives.  We know that sometimes these users open these emails which triggers a connection to the old 7.5 legacy EV server if the email has an attachment (there is still a reference to the old EV server).  I found this out when a user did not have access to a MSG file's attachment and a check on the local log showed it was downloading it from the old EV server.  What is the best way to monitor the connections to the old EV server so we can capture the users that are still connecting to the old EV server?  We want to know the scope of the connections before decomissioning.

4 REPLIES 4

EdLacey
Level 5
Certified

As long as you have IIS logging enabled on the EV server you'll be able to see all attempted connections

gzsxqz
Level 3
Partner

thank you, I should have thought of that. 

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

did you need anything else?

gzsxqz
Level 3
Partner

Hi AndrewB, I am wondering what is the best way to migrate users' MSG and PST files located on network drives that have links to the old EV.  Eg: will migrating using PST migration wizard remove any links to the old EV.  If you have any suggestions, let me know. thanks,