cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decommission EV - how to?

j-mo
Level 4

Hello,

I need to decommision a legacy EV 7.5 envronment whihc includes Exc 2003 and SQL 2005.  None of these servers are needed or used in production.  I have had my EV services shutdown for 3 weeks.  I'm thinking I could just power EV down or uninstall EV and power down but I'm not sure how that affects the other servers - including AD.

I was thinking-

1. Uninstall EV adn shutdown server

2. Shutdown SQL ( delete DB?)

3. Uninstall Exchange and shutdown (for sure)

Again, I could simply power them down and wipe the drives.  Will there be any AD remmanents from EV?  I know there will be from the Exchange side.

Thanks-

Jay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Typically in AD you will have users for the EVAdmin, a system mailbox for each exchange server targeted and an EVAnon account for OWA and DWA access, so you'd want to remove those users

From exchange you'd want to remove the send as/receive as permissions to your exchange stores and users set for the evadmin through the management console or through ADSI edit

And in DNS you will have CNAME aliases set for your EV site and server names that you will want to remove, you CNAME then simply delete the full EV storage partitions and index locations and delete the databases from SQL server

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Typically in AD you will have users for the EVAdmin, a system mailbox for each exchange server targeted and an EVAnon account for OWA and DWA access, so you'd want to remove those users

From exchange you'd want to remove the send as/receive as permissions to your exchange stores and users set for the evadmin through the management console or through ADSI edit

And in DNS you will have CNAME aliases set for your EV site and server names that you will want to remove, you CNAME then simply delete the full EV storage partitions and index locations and delete the databases from SQL server

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

j-mo
Level 4

Great info. Thanks!  I am taking it down this week.