cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Archives messages with no shortcuts.

Aaron_Norton
Level 4
We have implemented a retention policy and users have started cleaning out their mailboxes. This means that some users have already deleted shortcuts to vaulted items from 2 years ago without deleting the associated vault item. I did enable the delete option so when someone deletes the shortcut it also deletes the vault item but that was after some people already decided to clean out some of the emails. Is there a way I can go back in and manually delete items from the vault that have no associated shortcut? I have triedd using explorer but it only shows so many items before it ends and that is not even close to a couple years ago. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
no, unfortunately not, you will either have to have them go in to Search or Archive Explorer to delete items or let Storage Expiry take care of it in the usual way
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
no, unfortunately not, you will either have to have them go in to Search or Archive Explorer to delete items or let Storage Expiry take care of it in the usual way
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Aaron_Norton
Level 4
Archive Explorer only shows so many items so I can't see passed a certain date.

If I use the search option I don't see where I can delete the messages, It just shows the message but nothing I can check off and delete if need be and it only shows a max of 100/500 I think?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What kind of scale are you talking about for archived items that do not have shortcuts?  10, 100, 1000's?

Aaron_Norton
Level 4
1000's most likely, did find out I can do the browser Search and delete 50 at a time. MIght be time consuming but I guess it is better than nothing?