cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Default Vault Store error..

Itegral
Level 6
I am trying to clean-up my EV envrionment and have created new Vault Store Groups -> Vault Stores -> no new partitions yet.

How can I delete default vault store? Every time I try it comes back with windows saying "Enterprise Vault cannot delete Vault Store xyz 01"
This Vault Store is default for the following FSA server ". Select a dofferent Vault Store as the default for this server and then try again.

I tried changing the default Vault Store under "Vault Store properties -> Archiving Defaults -> default Vault Store -> change" but I am unable to see newly created Vault Store Group and Vault Stores.....

What am I missing here?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_Warren
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

I believe the new Vault Store must have a partition available to associate with, Since items are associated with the partition first and then it is tracked in SQL back to the PartitionEntry Table.  Be cautious when you are looking at deleting the first group as previously archived items would be associated with the original group.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Chris_Warren
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

I believe the new Vault Store must have a partition available to associate with, Since items are associated with the partition first and then it is tracked in SQL back to the PartitionEntry Table.  Be cautious when you are looking at deleting the first group as previously archived items would be associated with the original group.

Itegral
Level 6

thanks mate.....resolved!