Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Empty Folder in VV

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi

I found this KB : http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO49647 which explains how to delete empty folders in virtual vault using registry change in the EV server.

I am looking for a way to do the same thing on a specific user - is there a way to delete empty folders in a user's VV without having to let the storage service affect on all users?

thanks,

Sarah.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_Heymink
Level 4
Employee

If I understand you correctly, you want to automate the deletion of empty folders in an individual user's Virtual Vault? If it's just for one user, you could always have them (the user) delete the folder from Virtual Vault, provided the associated (mailbox) folder no longer exists in thier Exchange Mailbox. Does this help?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ben_Heymink
Level 4
Employee

If I understand you correctly, you want to automate the deletion of empty folders in an individual user's Virtual Vault? If it's just for one user, you could always have them (the user) delete the folder from Virtual Vault, provided the associated (mailbox) folder no longer exists in thier Exchange Mailbox. Does this help?

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

thanks