cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete FSA Placeholders

sksym11
Not applicable

We are in the process of moving data around. We have restored data from our backup to the new location. So now the new location has all data including placeholders.

We also, want to restore all stubs to the new location, but using FSAUtility, the logs say that the files already exists and skips it. I am assuming its thinking that the stubs are actual files in the new location.

Question: Is there a way to delete all the stubs in the new locatoin and then use FSAutility to restore the files to the new location?

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if i need to clarify.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

excerpt from the Utilities guide...

Migrating placeholders

You can use FSAUtility with the -pm parameter to migrate placeholders and archive points from a source folder structure to a destination folder structure, for example on another volume or file server.

This option moves the placeholders and archive points, but it does not move any files in the archives. The migrated placeholders retain their links to the archived files in their original locations. This option therefore provides a faster solution for moving placeholders than the FSAUtility move (-m) option. Use the -m option if you want to move archives, consolidate vault stores, or align archives with file servers. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

excerpt from the Utilities guide...

Migrating placeholders

You can use FSAUtility with the -pm parameter to migrate placeholders and archive points from a source folder structure to a destination folder structure, for example on another volume or file server.

This option moves the placeholders and archive points, but it does not move any files in the archives. The migrated placeholders retain their links to the archived files in their original locations. This option therefore provides a faster solution for moving placeholders than the FSAUtility move (-m) option. Use the -m option if you want to move archives, consolidate vault stores, or align archives with file servers.