mayu
Level 4

Hi

I am using EV 9.0.2

My environment details is as follows

EV A for Exchange 2003

EV B for Exchange 2010

We are migrating all users from exchange 2003 to exchange 2010

We use diffrent EV sites for migration. Once we migrate all users to Exchange 2010 we will uninstall EV A

We follow these steps for migrating data

1 Export all users archive dada in PST format (EV -A)

2 Delete all shortcuts (Only shortcuts) form users mailbox by appliying mailbox policy.

3 Migrate user from exch 203 to exch 2010

4 Import users PST on EV-B and create shortcuts in users mailbox.

before migrating users we first delete shortcuts from users mailbox. We found that some users shortcuts still present in the users mailbox in exchange 2010.

My question is if users mailbox on Exchange 2010 content two shortcut ( one is pointing to EV-A another is pointing to EV-B )

Our intention is to delete shortcut which is still pointing to EV-A

how I can achive this?

Can EV treat old EV shortcut as an orphan shortcut and delete it when I run the exchange task in shortcut processing mode?

I had already create this registry key ( in Fat mode )

HKLM\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents\OrphanedShortcutCheckType

1 –> Fat mode

but still duplicate shortcuts are present in users mailbox.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

well the thing is, if they have shortcuts from another archive, then Orphaned Shortcut Deletion will never touch them, also there is an issue with older versions of EV where shortcut expiry will not work unless Storage Expiry is Enabled (either set to run normally, or set to run without a schedule or set to run in report mode)

Honestly your best bet is to use Exchange Mailbox Manager to delete IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut as its a lot faster.

Just make sure you don't delete pending items as they may not be secure by EV at that point in time.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

well the thing is, if they have shortcuts from another archive, then Orphaned Shortcut Deletion will never touch them, also there is an issue with older versions of EV where shortcut expiry will not work unless Storage Expiry is Enabled (either set to run normally, or set to run without a schedule or set to run in report mode)

Honestly your best bet is to use Exchange Mailbox Manager to delete IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut as its a lot faster.

Just make sure you don't delete pending items as they may not be secure by EV at that point in time.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

mayu
Level 4

Thanks Jesus

I think this is one of the best option for rest of the users which will going to migrate from Exchange 2003 to exchange 2010

but we had already migrate 70% of users, how I can delete only those shortcuts which is pointing to old EV server ( EV-A)

I understand your idea

So using Exchange mailbox manager all EV shortcuts get deleted on Exch 2010 and once again we have to run the exchange archiving task in shortcut processing mode which will recreate the EV shortcuts Please correct if I am wrong.

Thanks in Advance !

CFreeX
Level 4

Sounds like you shoud of use the Move archive... I'm do not think there is an easy way to determine shortcut is from A or B... Sounds like you need a consultant to create a script for you.