cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a folder if present in archive

AengusM
Level 4

I have a folder (email) in 50% of my archives that we need to delete.

Any scripts or automated ways to delete the folder?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Have you considered this approach?

First, ensure the folders are empty or delete/move all items from the folder. When the folder is empty, set the following  key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Storage

DWORD - DeleteEmptyFolders

Value - 1

Restart Storage service. When the empty folder is deleted from the archive, the value of the key will be 0.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100017586

--Virgil

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

VirgilDobos

Hello,

Have you considered this approach?

First, ensure the folders are empty or delete/move all items from the folder. When the folder is empty, set the following  key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Storage

DWORD - DeleteEmptyFolders

Value - 1

Restart Storage service. When the empty folder is deleted from the archive, the value of the key will be 0.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100017586

--Virgil

Thanks Virgil,

I used that setting a few versions ago and had forgot about it.

My issue is the folders have many items so they would need to be deleted first and I didnt think that was possible but I do notice now that I can probably do that by setting a retention policy with evpm against the folder and simply expire the contents ... the then delete the empty folder.

Aengus

Prone2Typos

I do not know who else can but I think Globanet's classify can do this. It could do this by changing a retention but I believe can also seek and destroy... it has been a while... but they should know.

GertjanA

For already archived items, the retention will not change..

Regards. Gertjan

Prone2Typos

Sorry for the confusion. Classify can change he retention but I think it can directly delete too. That is what I meant.  I think you were speaking of native funcionaltiy (although I thought 12.? introduced a similiar ability to change retention but did not follow close enough to know for sure)

GertjanA

Hello,

12.x introduced Classification and Retention Plans. That can be used to perform the task described, but requires an additional license, and some specific configuration. 

Classify might indeed be able to do the job, but that should be checked with the vendor.

Regards. Gertjan

SheldonDsouza
Level 4
Certified

Hello @AengusM 

Feel free to reach out in case you want to know anything about Globanet's Classify. 

You can write to sdsouza@globanet.com

Regards,
Sheldon Dsouza