Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete button in search.asp

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Hello,

I have a relatively simple question.

I should remove the "delete from Vault " button from the search.asp web site  accessed via a web browser.

I have the ISDeleteButton=0 in webapp.ini but this works for integrated search in outlook or archive browser.

Thank you for your help

Sandrine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Thank you all for your answers. In the mean time I found the solution.I added the BSDeleteButton=0 in webapp.ini. And it did the job

Sandrine

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Sorry I forgot to mentionwe use EV 9.0.2 for Exchange

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Sorry, I don't quite understand the issue. Are you trying to remove the delete button or adding? I take it you are trying to hide the button from the Search page of the web browser and it's not working?

Have you restarted IIS on the EV server and also have you created a webapp.ini using ANSI and placed in the correct location?

If you could provide more specific info to your problem that would be great.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i dont think that this is possible. can you get away with using the site setting for preventing deletion of archived data?

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

I just checked and tested....the setting is only for Integrated Search within Outlook and it is not for Web Browser search. Like AndrewB said, I don;t think it's possible either.

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Thank you all for your answers. In the mean time I found the solution.I added the BSDeleteButton=0 in webapp.ini. And it did the job

Sandrine

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

wow, good to know. where did you find the right key?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am a little late but it is documented here:

How to configure Enterprise Vault Exchange Browser Search buttons and Lotus Notes Clients (Domino Browser Search) using WebApp.ini

Article: TECH87843  |  Created: 2009-01-18  |  Updated: 2011-06-17  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH87843

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

that's good to know....didn't know about that technote.