cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete entire folder and subfolders of messages from archive

dgoodyear
Level 5
I have a user that had multiple pst's autoarchived accidentally into their archive.  The pst files are rather large with multiple subfolders full of messages.  Is it possible to delete an entire folder/subfolders from an archive?  In archive explorer, I cannot do more than highlight individual messages and select delete.  From Outlook, I can select multiple messages and select delete from vault.  However, since there are so many folders, I'd like to do it from more of a root folder level.  Is this possible? 

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

dgoodyear
Level 5
Oops.. forgot to add that we are using EV 2007

Frank_Beck
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi dgoodyear,

Are there any errors when you try to delete an entire folder or are you just checking before you try it?

I know we have a fix in the 8 SP3 client to do with the behaviour when deleting a folder containing shortcuts (Ie the only way to do it was to move it into the recycle bin and empy that, but the archived items themselves would not be deleted)

Best Regards,

Frank

dgoodyear
Level 5
Currently browsing your own archive is configured to open in a web browser.  Users can select an individual message in their archive and right click and select delete.  If a user wants to delete a folder of messages, I cannot see any way that they can just delete the folder and its contents from the archive explorer.  We are still using EV 2007 sP4 I believe.

thanks!