cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted archived items are back when export archive to original mailbox

RASHIAN
Level 2

Hi all,

If I export an archive back to original mailbox, deleted archived email items will also be back to mailbox, although user has deleted shortcut. Our retension policy does not delete storage items if user deletes the shortcut. User can manually de-archive items in his mailbox but this way will be quite time-consuming.

My question is: is there any way to export archive but won't bring deleted items back?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not very easily, you would have to choose to export by folder path for all the folders in the mailbox.  Seems it would be easier to restore the whole archived and just empty the deleted items folder.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not very easily, you would have to choose to export by folder path for all the folders in the mailbox.  Seems it would be easier to restore the whole archived and just empty the deleted items folder.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I am pretty sure that what you are seeing is exactly right. Your policy says to delete just the shortcut, and not the archived item. When you export the archive you're doing just that.. putting back everything that is in the archive. At this stage you don't have much of an option (going forward you could change your policy so that deletes will remove the shortcut and the archived item, but that won't help for the current items).
Working for cloudficient.com