cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted mailbox links do not disappear from Archive Explorer

Leo_
Level 5

I have a user who had rights to a number of mailboxes through which he was also granted rights to those mailboxes' vaults. Those mailboxes have since been deleted but when the user runs archive explorer the old mailboxes are still listed. If I try to remove the users name from the vaults' permissions on the EV server it says it cannot be removed as it has been "Automatically set".

How can I remove the list of mailboxes from this user's archive explorer?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

A couple things to try:

One, zap the archives permissions:

How to remove all permissions from an archive using Enterprise Vault Policy Manager (EVPM).

Article:TECH44818  |  Created: 2005-01-14  |  Updated: 2011-08-22  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH44818

This can be achieved by creating an EVPM script, specifying the particular details and running it against the affected archive(s).

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName=kvsvault
SiteName=archivesite

[ArchivePermissions]
ArchiveName=Mary Jones
Zap=True

Two, JW3 posted this earlier, you could try this in EVPM:

Create an input file with a ResetArchiveFolderPerm value of 2. The following is an example of the input file. The values should be modified for the EV environment.

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName=EV_Directory_Computer_Name
SiteName=EV_Site_Name

[Mailbox]
DistinguishedName= /o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user1
ResetArchiveFolderPerm=2

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Leo_
Level 5

I attched an example. I cannot remove thos020 from archive "Cummings, Becky". The mailbox "Cummings, Becky" was a few months ago.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

A couple things to try:

One, zap the archives permissions:

How to remove all permissions from an archive using Enterprise Vault Policy Manager (EVPM).

Article:TECH44818  |  Created: 2005-01-14  |  Updated: 2011-08-22  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH44818

This can be achieved by creating an EVPM script, specifying the particular details and running it against the affected archive(s).

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName=kvsvault
SiteName=archivesite

[ArchivePermissions]
ArchiveName=Mary Jones
Zap=True

Two, JW3 posted this earlier, you could try this in EVPM:

Create an input file with a ResetArchiveFolderPerm value of 2. The following is an example of the input file. The values should be modified for the EV environment.

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName=EV_Directory_Computer_Name
SiteName=EV_Site_Name

[Mailbox]
DistinguishedName= /o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user1
ResetArchiveFolderPerm=2

Leo_
Level 5

Thanks Tony, that little zap script worked like a charm.