cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Archived items

hmh_it
Level 3

Hey There,

Currently we have on our Site Properties "User can delete items from their Archive" unselected.

My question is I imported some PST in and now there no longer needed, could i just place the Check mark on "User can delete items from their Archive" go into the account where i need to delete those imported PST, and then just go back and again and uncheck "User can delete items from their Archive".

Or will this create issues? has anyone tried this before.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Yes, ;that will work.  Remember to sync the archive after making the change and again after you're done and change the setting back.

View solution in original post

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

right click on the corresponding archiving task, properties. synchronization is an option from within the menu. you can do it for one archive or for all of them. it also runs on a schedule twice a day if you dont want to force it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Yes, ;that will work.  Remember to sync the archive after making the change and again after you're done and change the setting back.

hmh_it
Level 3

Just for clarification , what do you mean by "sync" the the archive?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

right click on the corresponding archiving task, properties. synchronization is an option from within the menu. you can do it for one archive or for all of them. it also runs on a schedule twice a day if you dont want to force it.