cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Vault Stores & Partition

JuanAntonio
Level 5

Hi,

I have deleted 2 Vault Stores (one Partition each one) because I no longer need them. Previously I deleted all the archives inside (through the EV console) and the 2 File Systems targets related.

The 2 Vault Stores and their Partition are "Marked for deletion" since about 5 or 6 days ago. And they are never completed deleted. The Removal Status is "Inmediatly after archive". But no archiving is happening against them.

What can I do to complete the deletion?

Thanks in advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Well I would not recommend to make database changes yourself and would be good if you can get in touch wih Technical support for more help .

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you restarted the storage service?

Could you post the dtrace of "Storagedelete" process while restarting Storage service.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You should ideally delete all the archives before deleting the partition.

Edit  :Do you get any result when you run the following query 

USE vaultstoredbname
SELECT * FROM ArchivePoint

JuanAntonio
Level 5

- The storage service was restarted. The server has been even restarted a couple of times.

- All the archives were deleted.

- The result of the query is: nothing. No ArchivePoints.

JuanAntonio
Level 5

I'm attaching the dtrace log of the StorageDelete process.

Thanks.

JuanAntonio
Level 5

Although I deleted all the archives for both Vault Stores, there are some remaining files (.CAB files) in one of the partition that where not properly deleted during the process. The other one is empty. I don't know if I can manually delete these files.

JuanAntonio
Level 5

The Vault Stores pending to be removed are called Datos and HPLC.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

It seems the HPLC vault store has an item.

2152	16:14:44.464	 [3368]	(StorageDelete)	<5248>	EV:L	 CDeleteVault::DeleteVaultStore Information: Found a non-empty Partition with EntryId = [1154B026668178647A01C5AD9FE76994C1q10000evserver1] for vaultStoreEntryId = [10186829A783FE24FBF02B2FC9761E2AB1210000evserver1]
2153	16:14:44.464	 [3368]	(StorageDelete)	<5248>	EV:L	CDeleteVault::ProcessQueueItems Information: Processing deletion queue item having ItemType : [1] Item Name : [HPLC] Item EntryId: [13E215FAABEADEE4497B38759339337571210000evserver1]

JuanAntonio
Level 5

What do you mean by "an item"? Whay can I do?

What about the other Vaul Store (Datos)?

Can I delete manually something in the DataBases?

JuanAntonio
Level 5

Hello again. Any more help on this?

What about manually remove these VaultStores and Partitions directly in SQL Server?

Can I delete the corresponding rows in the VaultStoreEntry and PartitionEntry tables?

Any more tables involved?

Any documentation on this?

Thanks in advanced.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Well I would not recommend to make database changes yourself and would be good if you can get in touch wih Technical support for more help .

JuanAntonio
Level 5

Ok, thanks RahulG