cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Vault

San_Bangalore
Level 5

We are using EV 9.0.2 for Exchange. I am working on the process of deleting thousands of archive as per the scheduled maintenance task. Deleting archive one by one through the console will take longer time. I was referring some articles and I got the information regarding Mbx Archiving State / Mbx Exchange State

http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/mbx-archiving-state-mbx-exchange-state

Which switch or option I should use in this to delete the archive?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Whilst you can execute the delete via SQL I wouldn't personally recommend it. There are a few posts on the forum that explain how.. And of course you can issue a delete via the console and then look in SQL to see what it has done.
Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Whilst you can execute the delete via SQL I wouldn't personally recommend it. There are a few posts on the forum that explain how.. And of course you can issue a delete via the console and then look in SQL to see what it has done.
Working for cloudficient.com

San_Bangalore
Level 5

okay, thanks

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You would change the Archive tables "archivestatus" to 4 and that will set it to deleting , however 1. It's not supported by Symantec 2. Too many deletes can cause your environment major issues, such as hammering the disks etc 3. You'd need to check if the users were on hold or part of a DA search first, although EV won't allow those items on hold to be deleted, you will get lots of errors 4. Same if you have retention categories that don't allow holds, you will get errors 5. You will have to restart storage or go in and out of backup mode for the deletes to kick off, or wait up to 12 hours 6. When deleting thousands at once you have a high risk of deleting ones you didn't mean to delete 7. It's not supported by Symantec My suggestion would be to contact AndrewB on these forums as he may be able to provide a solution
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

San_Bangalore
Level 5

Okay, will do