cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting items in restored mailbox

John_F2011
Level 3

Hello

We're running EV 7.5 with Exchange 2007 SP2 mail system.

Interesting situation...

We have a user named Domain\User1.

HR needed a restored copy of User1's mailbox from June 2010 so they can check some items. I used Exchange's functionality to restore User1's June 2010 mailbox to folder with a, seperate, dedicated mailbox - Domain\HR_Restore. So if I open HR_Restore mailbox in Outlook, there is a folder named "User1" and within this there is User1's restored data.

HR have checked the emails they want and now we need to delete that folder (User1). Problem is, if I try and delete it, I get a message saying that this will also delete User1's archive items. Presumably, because the restore contained EV shortcuts, when I try and delete the restored folder, EV thinks I am trying to delete the EV items those shortcuts pertain to. Obviously, I don't want to do that :)

Any idea on how I can remove the folder within Exchange, but leave EV items untouched?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

There is a policy setting which controls what to do when a shortcut is deleted (ie just delete the shortcut, or delete the archived item as well).  It sounds like you have the policy set to delete the item from the archive.

What you could do is create a new policy which has the policy changed to only delete shortcuts and then create a new provisioning group and make your mailbox a member of that provisioning group and then after a synchronize of your mailbox it should just delete shortcuts and not the item in the archive as well.

Hope this helps.

Mike 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

There is a policy setting which controls what to do when a shortcut is deleted (ie just delete the shortcut, or delete the archived item as well).  It sounds like you have the policy set to delete the item from the archive.

What you could do is create a new policy which has the policy changed to only delete shortcuts and then create a new provisioning group and make your mailbox a member of that provisioning group and then after a synchronize of your mailbox it should just delete shortcuts and not the item in the archive as well.

Hope this helps.

Mike