cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy Forms locally Always, but no forms are deployed

ixtc4233
Level 3
Hi,
   I posted last week in regards to scripting a method to deploy the fdm forms so they can be published to the users personal forms library, but was brought to the attention of the policy for Deploying forms locally to always in the Vault console. We've deployed the 7.5 full EV client to all desktops with Outlook 2007, Exchange 2003 with vault version Ev2007 SP5, and some users have the forms in thier personal library, but many don't. Those that don't do not see the archived icon for emails that are archived as stated in the message body. Manually loading the forms works great through forms manager, but not ideal for hundreds/thousands of systems. 

I mentioned to our exchange/EV admin this policy but he says that it is already checked to always deploy forms locally for the site.  So now I'm baffled what to do next. Is there a way to check why the forms are not being deployed? We have no old forms/client versions existing before this push of the client.

Thanks,
Troy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Can you post the client version you are using?  In Outlook, click Help>About Enterprise Vault

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

TonySterling
Can you post the client version you are using?  In Outlook, click Help>About Enterprise Vault

TonySterling
Also, could you dtrace the archive task while running a sync against one of the users who is not getting the forms?

ixtc4233
Level 3
Enterprise Vault 2007 (7.5.0.1250.0.dcom)

In Techinfo under personal library Forms:
IPM.Pending.archive, deleteMe, RestoreMe versions 7.5.0-001
IPM.shortcut version is 7.5.0-002

Servers settings:
DeployFormsLocally:   2
ServerVersion:   7.55

TonySterling
could you either run the ResetEVClient.exe or delete the form cache (frmcache.dat)?

ixtc4233
Level 3
I've asked to have a Dtrace ran for the archive task during a sync. I'll have to wait for that to be done.

Trying the form cache deletion now. (Hoping that resetting the client can be a last resort due to the politics that will be envolved with dumping peeps internet caches)

Is a setting of DeployFormsLocally:2 mean that it is checked in using it? I would have expected to seeing a 1 if set for always?

TonySterling
I believe 2 is the right status.  Hopefully deleting the form cache will do the trick.

ixtc4233
Level 3
I've noticed that on my machine, if I delete the 4 forms manually in Forms Manager in Outlook, I can close outlook, reopen and the 4 forms are back in the personal forms library.

But on one of the systems that did not get the forms populated, I manually installed the forms myself to get it working. I then tried deleting the forms out, closed outlook, reopen and they didn't re-populate back in the Forms manager/Personal Library forms like it did on mine. Interesting!  

TonySterling
enable the maximum tracing via client diagnostice, delete the forms again and then close and reopen outlook. 

Also, how did you deploy the client?  You could try uninstalling and re-installing manually.

beta_dodo
Level 4
Employee
perhaps an issue with cached mode.  Might be worth speaking with Microsoft.

ixtc4233
Level 3
It's always the obvious that's overlooked. After typing the version in the previous post and reading another post about SP4 and SP5 deploy forms locally and all, it finally hit me the version. I was passed the wrong version installers from the start. The push went very well..and DeployFormsLocally was a value 2..just didn't make since. Since SP0 was what was deployed, now it explains why I wasn't seeing the forms being deployed automagically. I updated the package to use the SP5 version client and it's corrected the issue.

Thanks all!
Troy