cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Deploying EV Outlook Client with Group Policy

Trotter_Admin
Level 2

I was tasked with deploying EV Outlook Add-in to users. The company currently doesn't have any mechanism for software deployment other than Group Policy. I wanted the deployment to be silent and had to use the msi file that came with EV. Here is a little script that I wrote for silent deployment of EV to client computers that can be used with GP. It's a computer startup script that checks the install path and if it's missing installs the software.

Create a new policy and link it to the OU that contains the computers that you want to deploy the client to. Under Computer Configuration->Policies->Windows Settings->Scripts right click on Scripts and select Properties. Click on Show Files and copy the batch file to that location. In my case it was \\DomainName\SysVol\DomainName\Policies\{41FA13D6-2B59-4CA2-BE77-F3625423524C}\Machine\Scripts\Startup. Then click on Add and browse to the location from the Show Files (where you placed your batch file) and select the file. Create a share with the installation files and share with Everyone|Read.

I am sure there are better ways but hopefully it will help someone. Feel free to comment with suggestions and other ways to accomplish this that might better.

@echo off
SET FILES="C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVClient\Valkyrie.dll"
echo Testing the following path: %FILES%
IF EXIST %FILES% (GOTO funny) ELSE GOTO notfunny 
:funny
echo Folder Exists, nothing to install
goto end
:notfunny
echo Folder Does Not Exist, Installing EV
msiexec /i "\\SERVER\EV\Symantec Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-in.msi"  MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL=Disable REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qn
goto end
:end
echo End of testing

0 REPLIES 0