Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Scanner: SQL Collation event

Icento
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Dear forum members,

Were planning an upgrade of a 7.5SP1 version EV to 8.0 SP1.  When I run the Deployment Scanner, the following issue shows up:

CLS01-SQL03\SQL03: Unmatched default SQL collation: Server: Latin1_General_CI_AI; EnterpriseVaultDirectory database: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.
CLS01-SQL03\SQL03: Database: EnterpriseVaultDirectory - no mixed collations found.
CLS01-SQL03\SQL03: Unmatched default SQL collation: Server: Latin1_General_CI_AI; EnterpriseVaultMonitoring database: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.
CLS01-SQL03\SQL03: Database: EnterpriseVaultMonitoring - no mixed collations found.
CLS01-SQL03\SQL03: Unmatched default SQL collation: Server: Latin1_General_CI_AI; EVConfiguration database: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.
CLS01-SQL03\SQL03: Database: EVConfiguration - no mixed collations found.
CLS01-SQL03\SQL03: Unmatched default SQL collation: Server: Latin1_General_CI_AI; EVEVStore01 database: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.
CLS01-SQL03\SQL03: Database: EVEVStore01 - no mixed collations found.

Seems that the collation settings are different set for the server than the actual EV databases.

Is it needed to change the collation settings for the EV databases to the version of the server i.e. Maste database?

Would the upgrade failed when actually running it?

Thanks for the replies,

André Overweel
6 REPLIES 6

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Yes, it will fail.

Resolve this issue first.  There should be a link provided by DP on how to resolve this issue. 

You could also take a peek here:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/288216.htm

I am sure I have also covered this subject in the forums before, but the search is bad so I don't blame you for not finding it ;)

Icento
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hi Wayne,

Thanks for pointing the SQL article. Indeed, I had searched but coul'd not find it.

I will discuss this with the DBA and make the adjustments needed.

By the way, the DP does not showed a link to any article. I have screendump available on request.

regards,

André

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
André,

Thanks for that, ill take it up with someone.  Would you mind marking "This issue has been solved." once your dba has done it and its resolved your issue :)

Icento
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hi Wayne,

Here the screenshot to de DP, its a weblink:

www.ietsnodig.nl/DeploymentScanner.jpg

I will keep you posted, thanks.

André

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I ran the deployment scanner before upgrading our test lab from 7.5 SP5 to 8 SP1 and it did include the URL. I saved it because I had sent it off to our DBA to review.
SQL Collation

Failed
At least one test for the SQL server collation has failed. SQL databases (shown below) contain entities with mixed collations. If they are Enterprise Vault Vault Store databases then they will prevent a successful upgrade. Please go to http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/293475.htm for more details.

<Server>: Database: EnterpriseVaultDirectory, Table: MQUpgrade , Column: AgentType ; - mixed SQL collation found.

<Server>: Database: EnterpriseVaultFSAReporting - no mixed collations found. 

<Server>: Database: EnterpriseVaultMonitoring - no mixed collations found. 

<Server>: Database: EVFSAArchive1 - no mixed collations found. 

<Server>: Database: EVMailboxArchive1 - no mixed collations found.

<Server>: Database: EVMailboxArchive2 - no mixed collations found.

MichelZ
Level 6
Hi

Do you need any more information here?
If not, and you are satisfied with a provided answer, can you choose this as Solution, please?

Thanks & Regards
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.