cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Scanner missing Powershell

sleddog
Level 5
Partner

I'm running V8SP5 deployment scanner on a 64 Bit Windows 2003 Server (Enterprise Edition R2 SP2)

Deployment scanner tells me PowerShell is not installed. I can Start=>Run=PowerShell and Powershell comes up fine.

Has anyone else encountered this?

THX!!

24 REPLIES 24

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Don't think that's the problem, as I only have the INSTALL value under Powershell\1 as well.

Whers is your PowershellEngine subkey ?  Under Powershell\1, or under WoW6432Node?

<snip>

We then look for the PowershellEngine subkey, and the Powershellversion component.  If either of these aren't found, we suggest it's not installed.

</snip>

I think we might have to drop to screenshots to see this more easily.

Working for cloudficient.com

sleddog
Level 5
Partner

The first 3 are under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\PowerShell

The 4th is under

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WoW6432Node\PowerShell

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

So that's the same as mine too :)  Which is good, and bad at the same time.  I can't figure out too much more without spending a lot of time digging through the code.  I would suggest that you log a call with Symantec Support, and reference this forum.  The Support Engineer can reach out to me then.

Working for cloudficient.com

sleddog
Level 5
Partner

To Resolve, I just modified the scripts to call the correct Powershell Version

Chapter 21:

On 64-bit Windows operating systems, you must run the Enterprise Vault

PowerShell snap-in under the 32-bit version of PowerShell. The 32-bit version of

PowerShell is installed in %SystemRoot%\SysWow64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0.

For example, in your scripts you can call 32-bit PowerShell directly from this path:

%SystemRoot%\SysWow64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell -psconsolefile

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVShell.psc1" -command "&

{set-vaultstorebackupmode -name 'Express Vault Store Group'

-evservername EVserver -evobjecttype vaultstoregroup}"

This makes the Deployment Scanner issue moot, but it would be nice if DP was smart enough to see what Powershell is installed and/or the environment variables so that the Transform-Backup.ps1 will create accurate backup scripts. Maybe I'm being a little picky....

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

Hi, you're not being picky at all as we should be able to spot the difference here and not throw an error when the system is actually configured in a working manner. I'll ask Rob to raise a bug though it would be good if you could still raise a support case just in case we need to get more information about your environment/configuration!